WCSA's outdoor programs are offered in both the fall and spring of the calendar year. Fall and spring together are considered one full soccer year, however, players register for each program separately. Players do NOT need to sign up to play both but they are welcome to do so. Teams are kept together as much as possible from fall to spring. Teams that do stay together will use the same uniform from fall to spring.
WCSA follows FIFA rules, except where minor modifications have been made to adjust for players’ ages. We offer "small sided" (teams that field fewer than 11 players) games for our U5-U11 divisions, and full-sided (11 players per team) games for our older divisions. Each season, whether it is fall or spring, short sided or full-sided, teams play 8 games. MOST of these games are played on Saturdays but we also give our players the chance to play in the evenings, under the lights, on weekdays. Night games typically involve our older divisions.
-As mentioned above, the Spring/Fall games that are played on Saturdays will start at any time between 9am-3pm.
-Practice times/days/locations are determined by THE COACH. We do not assign practices to teams.
-- Practice schedules for each outdoor program are not released until 2-3 weeks before the seasons start.
- We create the master schedule for Head Coaches ONLY so they can view where other coaches are practicing or to chose an open time slot/field if they need to reschedule a practice. This master schedule also helps coaches secure their practice field for the season without interruptions from other teams.
- Limited spots are available for practices at our Downs Blvd location.
- Most teams choose to have practices at certain Elementary Schools nearest to your team, or at any of our given locations (Rec Center, Cheek Park, Freedom Intermediate, Spring Hill/Thompson Station, Poplar Grove, Trinity Park).
- To clarify, YOU WILL NOT KNOW YOUR PRACTICE SCHEDULE WHEN YOU REGISTER OR WHEN YOU FIND OUT YOUR TEAM PLACEMENT. It takes time for coaches to determine where and when they would like to practice.
-The practice schedule is released to Head Coaches ONLY. It will not be available for you or the public to view (for the safety of your player).
- The Head Coach will contact you with the time/location/day.
Registration for our fall program generally begins in mid-March, with the deadline being in mid-July.
Coaches are notified of their rosters in August, about a month before the season starts, and may begin practices immediately. Practice time is unlimited before the season starts, but after the first game teams may only practice for 90 minutes per week. Games will begin the last Saturday of August and continue through mid-November.
WCSA games are sometimes affected by fall break and our general policy is that we play games on one weekend of a school break period--generally the weekend when the break is ending.
Registration for our spring program generally begins in mid-September, with the deadline being in mid-January. Coaches are notified of their rosters and may begin practicing in early February, and games start in early March and continue through mid-May.
As with our fall programs, practice is unlimited before the season begins but once we start playing scheduled games, a team may only practice 90 minutes per week.
Spring is the season that is most often affected by rain, holidays and school vacations. Rained-out games are rescheduled. We try very hard to avoid playing games over holiday weekends (particularly Easter Saturday) but sometimes it simply can't be avoided. We also try to account for school holidays but because Williamson County is served by two school districts--Williamson County and Franklin Special Schools--sometimes we cannot accommodate everyone. We usually play one weekend over a break, and that is typically the weekend when the break is ending. This is NOT a rule.
WHAT COMES WITH REGISTRATION:
* Placement on a team of similarly aged players with a volunteer coach
* A minimum of 8 "official" game/matches
* A Full Uniform - Shirt, Shorts, and Socks
* Access to additional skill and training sessions by licensed/professional coaches (as space is available).
Williamson County Soccer Association is a non-profit 501c3 organization. We strive to make the sport of competitive, recreational soccer accessible to EVERYONE, therefore, we do our best to keep our registration costs as-low-as possible. Our current outdoor rates are the following:
- Early-Bird Registration: $75 per player (Typically the first two to 3 weeks after we announce the availability of registration)
- Season Registration: $100 per player (Immediately follows the early-bird registration time and typically runs until 8 weeks prior to the start of the season, all players are guaranteed placement on a team regardless of skill level).
- Late Registration: $125 per player (This waitlist time-period and registration type begins immediately following the closing of regular registration dates as promoted. This type of registration is not guaranteed placement on a team. We are generally successful at getting all players placed on teams - any players not-placed will receive a full refund). PLEASE NOTE - No special requests will be considered during this waitlist time period.
Download Registration Form