WCSA’s mission is to promote the sport of soccer by providing an organized, safe, fun-filled environment to develop players on an individual and team level. As a parent, you have a special opportunity to help all our players learn good sportsmanship and self-discipline by your encouragement and good example. Please observe WCSA’s Code of Conduct to keep soccer a positive experience for all players, coaches and league officials.
WCSA Parents' Code of Conduct
I understand that if I do not follow this Code of Conduct, I may be asked to leave the field area and/or the complex.
- Be a good role model to my child by encouraging fair play and good sportsmanship, and helping the players to focus on the positive aspects of their performance, not the game result.
- Provide only positive reinforcement and support to all players on both teams, applauding effort as well as success, and understanding that mistakes are part of the learning process.
- Treat all players (both teams), coaches, officials and spectators with respect before, during and after games, and encourage my child always to do likewise.
- Remain outside the field of play and on the spectator’s side of the field (not behind the goal line) unless specifically invited to assist the coach.
- Refrain from instructing my child from the sideline so that the coach may do his job more effectively, and allow my child to make his/her own game decisions.
- Avoid criticizing the referee’s decisions.
- Always refrain from using or tolerating offensive, insulting or abusive language or behavior.